Our Mission Statement
Reaching up to God;
Reaching out to People
Welcome to Braemar Baptist Church!
We are a welcoming community who seek to deepen our relationship with God and others.
Located on the corner of 75th Street and 98th Avenue, we are part of the community of Ottewell and near the communities of Holyrood, Fulton Place, Terrace Heights, Forest Heights, Capilano, Gold Bar and Kenilworth. We are east of the downtown core and easily accessible from Whitemud Drive to the south and Wayne Gretzky drive to the south.
Our church is affiliated with Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
Braemar celebrated our 60th anniversary in 2019 and we look forward to a bright future of serving God in the greater Edmonton area.
Under the leadership of Reverend George Edwards, pastor of Strathcona Baptist Church, held a recognition and communion service on January 4, 1959, and the first nine members were received into Braemar Baptist Church. Reverends Frank Patch and John MacRae would lead the new church in the early days.
George Golden, a land developer in the area, donated the land for the church building. The first pastor of Braemar was the Reverend Bob Roberts. On October 17, 1959, the first sod was turned and the Service of Dedication of the new building was on May 1, 1960. The parsonage was dedicated on March 7, 1963, and a new sanctuary was dedicated on March 4, 1966.
Statement of Belief
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of the Living God and provides the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe there is one God who is the Creator and Sovereign LORD, who is Eternal and exists in Three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully human and fully divine, and He is the only means of salvation.
- We believe that salvation is offered by God’s grace because of the sacrificial death of Jesus. This is the only means of salvation.
- We believe that the Church is the living body of Jesus Christ and is composed of all those who believe in Him.
- We believe that the Church exists to worship, encourage personal growth in the faith, to care for one another and declare the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ to the world.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return at the appointed time of God, to take His Church with Him to Heaven.